Friday, August 3, 2007

Photos

I haven't figured out how to create a link to a photo website, but I am working on it. Until then, below you have a few photos from Anatolia. A fresco on the domes of a hidden cave church, some of those weird volcanic ash sculputres that housed a hidden monestary, a rock city, and a chaming little Turkman who sailed with us one afternoon on the Lycian Coast. Once we get to Istanbul, we'll have a better wireless connection and I can explore more. This is our last day in Kas. We are spending it at our favorite beach restaurant that has wonderful patios with umbrellas and lounge chairs and a ladder to climb down into the Mediteranean (which one must do every 20 minutes or so). I have enjoyed our time here although I feel like I have been sufering from heat exhaustion...extreme listlessness, nausea, muscle cramps, terrible fatique. Oh well, life is never perfect.

There are tons of ancient ruins around here but it's too hot to go visit them. I would like to come back to this region sometime in October or November when you can still swim, but the weather is significantly cooler.

It's been a pleasure to be in a resort area with no jet skiis, boisterous people (everyone is quiet here at the beach), or loud music. Ali and I decided that this place could be quite unpleasant if it were in the U.S,

Off to the Istanbul and more postings and pictures from there.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Denise! So sorry to read about the heat exhaustion you're suffering....try wearing a bra stuffed with crushed ice!! I remember my days in Istanbul 30 years ago...it must have been AUgust and that's whatI did. I also got up several times at night to wrap myself in a sopping wet bath towel.....anyway Sean's sister Mimi is in town, we had a great visit yesterday, and she returns to Istanbul on Monday, said she hasn't heard from you guys but she's there if you need her. The delightful Maria of Geneva and I have exchanged some emails about Rome and life and she is really looking forward to seeing you in Morrocco.
You are living life as it should be lived--with the top down! I'll be watching your blog for more news. Love, e

erotic stories free bestiality and rape said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.