Friday, November 2, 2007

Home in Morocco

Well, I finally made it to Morocco and it is a joy to be here. It's wonderful to be reunited with Ali and see old friends, and I am blown away by how fast the computer connections are here!

Ali has a lovely little villa in the unitersity town of Ifrane high in the Atlas Mountains. It's cold here but there is fireplace and we have heating blankets and will be getting some area heaters this weekend, so it's all good, as they say. I have a number of projects that I am working on for folks in Tanzania, so I plan to just hang out at home and work most of the time while Ali is in class. It feels really good to have a home again!

Ali is enjoying his students at the university and is planning to stay the second semester. He will come home for winter break and then come back to Morocco in January and work until May. I will become an "Agreeing Widow" as they say in Holland. I guess one of us will have to travel over spring break this year.

Now that I have unlimited access to a computer, I have started to post photos of my journey in East Africa. I have put up some from Rwanda trip on the sidebar to your left. You can view these as a slide show, but should choose the "captions" option so you can read about what you are seeing. Tanzanian photos to follow!

No comments: